PDA

View Full Version : suspension for ek?

iparkinthegarage
11/11/2008, 12:26 PM
i got a 97 hatch and i'm looking to stiffen up my chasis a bit.

i was wondering what you guys recommend for a strut bars, tie bar, lca's..etc?

IsaacEK
11/11/2008, 12:42 PM
If it were me, and I could build another one....

Miracle X bar.

If you have the money, Carbing front tower bar.

Any rear LCA's will do, they all pretty much are the same thing besides the quality of the bushing. Some of the cheaper ones bushings may be shot within a pretty short amount of time (1-2 years). Function & Form is good. I never had problems with BLOX LCA's either, but some have.

Full coilover/good spring/shock combo or nothing is my opinion. Riding dumped on stock shocks stupid, bumpy, and annoying. They'll be blown out shortly. I had Tein Super Streets on my EK and they were pretty decent. Everyone who rode in it said they felt good and weren't bouncy at all. I'd also check out KSPORT, Tanabe Sustec, or the proven ground control/Koni Yellow combo.

You don't have much to choose from on the tie bar/subframe brace section. Benen or Beaks lower tie bar, and ASR subframe brace. And a CTR 22mm sway bar out back. You'll be pretty solid:teeth:

ChunKy
11/11/2008, 02:12 PM
ya but alot people run ground control and koni yellow for best bang for the buck set up so consider that for first susp mod.

iparkinthegarage
11/12/2008, 12:36 PM
yea im riding on tien s techs right now and i HATE the bouncyness.

the carbing front tower bar looks a lot like the passwordJDM ones and theres a 100$ difference?

i was actually looking to go with dampers for less bounce.. those of you with the ground control/koni yellows, is that a lot smoother than springs?

EM1San
11/12/2008, 01:02 PM
i was actually looking to go with dampers for less bounce.. those of you with the ground control/koni yellows, is that a lot smoother than springs?

i had s-techs and upgraded to the Type Flex in my old coupe. Now I'm rockin KYB AGX with H & R race springs.

Gabe took me for a ride in his car a few times and the Koni/GC is pretty impressive.

racin jasin
11/12/2008, 03:16 PM
F&F

NOT JDM
11/13/2008, 06:16 AM
plans wit the car? is it daily drivin/track/autox, etc??

iparkinthegarage
11/13/2008, 08:40 AM
the car is gonna be my DD and its gonna have boost

gabebauman
11/13/2008, 12:08 PM
Gabe took me for a ride in his car a few times and the Koni/GC is pretty impressive.

And ever since I took them off my coupe...they've been jonezin' to get put on another Civic chassis. :tongue:

iparkinthegarage
11/13/2008, 12:22 PM
And ever since I took them off my coupe...they've been jonezin' to get put on another Civic chassis. :tongue:

are you implying that you're selling the set up?

EM1San
11/13/2008, 12:29 PM

No, that he's getting a Civic to put them on.

gabebauman
11/13/2008, 12:29 PM

LOL...whoops...no way jose...I meant that they want to go on another one of my cars. :tongue: I'm keeping them for really realz.

iparkinthegarage
11/13/2008, 12:32 PM
aww man.

what do you guys think about the buddy club N+?